I love the persistence and focus that CJ has once he learns something new. Just this week, he's really caught onto waving. As I was leaving daycare after placing him down on the playmat, he pulled himself up on the jumperoo and looked towards the door. As I reached for the door, I glanced back to see him flapping his whole arm at me, waving "goodbye." It was breathtaking. My heart fluttered and I said "Aww, he's waving to me. He's getting so big." And beamed the whole morning just thinking about it. [Facebook status:My little man waved "bye" to me this morning. Made my day!]
Now he waves at EVERYTHING. Yes, everyTHING. Cars, the TV, people, animals. It is absolutely precious, but the best thing he waves at is his daddy. [Note: I haven't really gotten into this yet, but CJ is such a momma's boy most of the time.] When John walks into the room, especially at the end of a week day, CJ beams with excitement, jumping up and down and flinging his arm around, waving. Watching the excitement on both of their faces makes every worry and stressor from the day disappear. This is what life is about - sharing joy with those you love and seeing your little one grow and learn each and every day. From there, it turns into peek-a-boo and trading big smiles with daddy.
But the initial wave and excitement he expresses towards his dad is what I've waited for since CJ is such a momma's boy. Witnessing their interactions and the bond they are creating is inspiring.
No comments:
Post a Comment