Friday, May 13, 2011

It was only a matter of time...

...before CJ got his first goose-egg on his head. He's gotten pretty good at walking - heck, he just wanders around the house just because he can. However, he is very much like his mom and is very impatient ... he wants things faster than he can have them and that includes getting from point A to point B. Needless to say, he's been tripping a lot lately because he's trying to walk faster than his body will allow. It was just a matter of time before he ended up looking like this:

You should see the other guy...
Basically he got over excited at daycare and was walking faster than he could manage and fell face first into the wheel on a crib. SInce I wasn't there for his initial reaction or to witness it happen (probably would have been in slow motion for sure), it hasn't quite phased me. Sure, I feel bad that my little baby has a big bump and bruise on his forehead, but from what I can tell, it really hasn't phased him.

And to be honest, it shows his character. He is going to be a troublemaker. He has no fears whatsoever and I have no doubt that this is just the first of many bumps I'll be kissing. And of course, he had to do this a week before his 1st birthday - nothing says "I'm one year old" like a big bruise on your forehead!

No comments:

Post a Comment