It's always a whirlwind (but fun) time when Simon and Annabel are home. CJ always gets so excited to see them and I know they love spending time with him as well. Now that he is more active and mobile, the interaction amongst them is fun to watch.
Overall, the week was a blast. We kicked it off with a trip to Typhoon Lagoon which ended up being the highlight of the week for Annabel. CJ enjoyed himself as well - a big step up from our last outing at a water park-like place. On the Disney Dream, he hated the splash zone, but at Typhoon, he had a blast, playing in the Ketchakiddee Creek, letting the waves hit him in the wave pool and floating down the lazy river in his own innertube. I had a blast and John, Simon and Annabel were able to enjoy some of the big kid slides (I even got to go with the kids on Crush 'n' Gusher).
John had taken the week off of work, so him and Simon and Annabel enjoyed a different adventure every day doing everything from visiting the Science Center (playing at their favorite exhibit - the orange tree) to surviving an almost tornado on the way to Monkey Joes.
The week ended with a trip to the Sun n Fun air show. This was my first air show and I loved it. It was CJ's first air show and he was on the fence about it. Simon and Annabel seemed to keep forgetting that we were at an air show, so I'm not sure how they felt about it. CJ cried a few times because unbeknownst to me, those planes are crazy loud. We saw the Raptor F-22 and then the show ended with an awesome, cry-inducing (CJ) show by the Blue Angels.
However, my favorite things this week were a few milestones that CJ hit. I can't believe how excited I get over the simplest things. Being a mom makes the world's problems seem so small and so big at the same time. They shrink in comparison to things like CJ figuring out how to drink out of a sippy cup (which he did at the airshow) or taking his first steps! I literally squealed with delight when he took a few steps (and even after he has done it several times, I still get equally excited - watching my little man grow is better than any trashy reality show). But then the world's problems seem so big because I want my baby to grow up in a way similar to how I grew up. Thinking about things like 2012 really bum me out (ask John, I've gotten to tears thinking about it). I want to see CJ go to his first day of school, help him through whatever activities he chooses to do, support him in all of life's big moments. I want there to be those moments, none of this 2012 talk!
So, I'm going to hold on and cherish every moment with my wonderful family. Coming home after a stressful to a smile from my baby and a hug from my best friend and husband washes away all my worries, at least for a minute or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment